PRIME Centre Wales Annual Meeting 2018
26th November 2018,
University of South Wales, Pontypridd
We were delighted to welcome guests to the fourth PRIME Centre Wales Annual Meeting, held 26th November at University of South Wales, Pontypridd.
Following our previous years' rotating focus on two of PRIME Centre Wales’ research workpackages, this year's event programme featured:
- Long term conditions and comorbidity - with guest speaker Sue Morgan, National Director & Strategic Programme Lead for Primary and Community, NHS Wales
- Oral health and primary dental care - with guest speaker Colette Bridgman, Chief Dental Officer for Wales
The afternoon featured a choice of parallel workshops:
- How PPI can strengthen research (led by the PRIME SUPER group)
- Group Concept Mapping (led by Carolyn Wallace & David Pontin)
- SAIL – practical aspects of using SAIL in research (led by Ashra Khanom, Arfon Rees & Huw Collins)
- Medication adherence in clinical research (led by David Gillespie & Emily Holmes)
The day closed with an elevator pitch style research innovation and dangerous ideas session, featuring 12 pitches from a range of speakers, with a prize awarded for the best presentation to Robert Goldsmith, Cardiff & Vale UHB: 'Illness beliefs and treatment beliefs in a lumbar radicular pain population'.
Posters profiling PRIME led and supported research projects were displayed in the refreshment zone - a selection can be viewed here.
The full programme is available to view here.
Presentations from the day
National Director & Strategic Programme Lead for Primary and Community, NHS Wales