PRIME Centre Wales Social Care Consensus Meeting
Monday 5th October 2015, 10:00 - 15:00
Future Inn Cardiff Hotel
The meeting aimed to bring together health and social care researchers, representatives from government, local authorities, commercial sector, third sector, community members and their supporters/carers to identify the research issues, prioritise these and establish how they can be collectively delivered.
Objectives for the day
- To collaborate across health and social care for future delivery of services
- To set priorities for social care research within the primary and emergency care context
- To identify facilitators to enable the priorities to be delivered
- To agree an action plan for future delivery.
Instructions for attendees
Attendees were asked to bring with them three ideas for hard to solve problems in their organisation, and were asked to discuss with colleagues prior to attending the meeting so their views will be included in discussions.
Attendees were also asked to consider three contributions that their organisation could offer such as training available in their specialist area, support for professional development etc.
The research priorities
Following the consensus exercise, the priorities agreed on have been drafted by the workshop leads, Joyce Kenkre and Carolyn Wallace and are being shared with the group for feedback.
Following feedback from the group, the priorities were further refined, and a report has been drafted by Dr Carolyn Wallace and shared with key stakeholders including the School for Social Care Research
The report can be downloaded viewed here.
- Lewis Darmanin, Team Lead, Health and Care Research Wales Workforce
- Adrian Edwards, Director, PRIME Centre Wales, Cardiff University
- Gerry Evans, Director of Regulation and Professional Standards, Care Council for Wales
- Kristen Evans, Service Development Coordinator, Calan DVS
- Bridie Evans, Research Officer, PRIME Centre Wales, Swansea University
- Hayley Fidler, Centre Manager, Pontypridd YMCA
- Micaela Gal, Research Fellow, PRIME Centre Wales, Cardiff University
- Sophie Hansen, Director, The Office Choir Company
- Helene Hayes, Partnership Development Manager, Citizens Advice Cymru
- Jonathan Huish, Chair, Project Board Pontypridd YMCA
- Chris Jones, Project Manager, Care Directorate Group Gwalia Housing
- Susan Jordan, Reader, Swansea University
- Joyce Kenkre, Professor of Primary Care, PRIME Centre Wales, University of South Wales
- Rachel Lewis, Manager, Age Alliance Wales
- John Moore, My Home Life Cymru Manager, Age Cymru
- Edward Oloidi, PhD Researcher, University of South Wales
- Alison Orrell, Research Fellow, Bangor University
- Rosanne Palmer, Policy Adviser, Age Cymru
- Judith Phillips, Lead, School for Social Care Research, Welsh Government
- David Pontin, Aneurin Bevan Chair of Community Health, University of South Wales
- Steve Smith, Professor of Political Philosophy and Social Policy, PRIME Centre Wales, University of South Wales
- Cathryn Thomas, Programme and Improvement Lead, Social Services Improvement Agency
- Susan Thomas, PhD Student, University of South Wales
- Kate Thomas, Health and Social Care Facilitator, Newport Gavo
- Alun Toghill, Service User Research, Partnership Public
- Dan Venables, Head of Social Care Research & Development Division for Social Care and Health Research, Welsh Government
- Carolyn Wallace, Reader Integrated Care, PRIME Centre Wales, University of South Wales
- Sarah Wallace, PhD Researcher, University of South Wales
- Paula Walters, Director, NHS Centre for Equality and Human Rights
- Angela Watkins, Operations & Communications Manager, PRIME Centre Wales, Cardiff University
- Annie Williams, Research Fellow, Cardiff University
- Elizabeth Young, Director, Research Evaluation & Policy Home-Start UK