Patient centred healthcare draws on the philosophy of patient empowerment and co-production in engaging patients and members of the public in health and health care.
Our priority areas are:
- Shared decision making and decision aids
- Self-management support and health literacy
- Behaviour change with a focus on innovation, implementation and evaluation of interventions.
- Complete on-going research into implementation of shared decision making, seek further funding for self-management support, health literacy interventions, and decision aids for other treatment decisions, and expand knowledge transfer to all Health Boards in Wales.
- Promoting health literacy and empowerment – e.g. interventions to long term conditions: for example Multiple Sclerosis (2016-18), and development of measure of empowerment to show changes from interventions.
- Utilise qualitative methods to develop a better understanding of patient and healthcare professional perspectives of interventions including Prudent Health Care interventions (2015-17).
- Dr Fiona Wood, Cardiff University
- Dr Natalie Joseph-Williams, Cardiff University
Please visit the 'Research Portfolio' page and select WP2 from the drop-down list.
Please visit the 'Publications' page and select WP2 from the drop-down list.