PRIME Centre Wales research leaders selected for new health care group
Health and Care Research Wales has announced the appointment of a new group of Health and Care Research Wales Senior Research Leaders, including a number of staff from PRIME Centre Wales including Adrian Edwards (Cardiff University), Kerry Hood (Cardiff University), Richard Neal (Bangor University), Helen Snooks (Swansea University).
Individuals from Swansea, Cardiff and Bangor universities were appointed following a competitive process and assessment by an independent panel of senior UK health and social care experts.
The 18 individuals recommended for appointment were judged to be among Wales’ leading researchers for the evidence they provided against the following selection criteria:
- Quality and volume of internationally excellent research
- Impact of their leadership in research
- Track record in training and developing researchers
- Impact of their research on improvements in health or social care and wealth generation
- Relevance of research to patients, service users and the public
- Demonstrable commitment to public involvement and public engagement
- Evidence of personal contribution to Health and Care Research Wales
The Research Leaders will undertake a number of activities in their role, acting as ambassadors for Health and Care Research Wales and playing a leading role in raising the profile of health and social care research in Wales on a national and international level.
The group of Health and Care Research Wales Senior Research Leaders for 2016-2019 is as follows:
- Vanessa Burholt - Swansea University
- Peter Collins - Cardiff University
- Adrian Edwards - Cardiff University
- Rhiannon Edwards - Bangor University
- Kerenza Hood - Cardiff University
- Dyfrig Hughes- Bangor University
- Peter Huxley - Bangor University
- Ian Jones - Cardiff University
- Keith Lloyd - Swansea University
- Ronan Lyons - Swansea University
- Richard Neal - Bangor University
- Michael Owen - Cardiff University
- Mark Rees - Swansea University
- Jo Rycroft-Malone - Bangor University
- Andrew Sewell - Cardiff University
- Helen Snooks - Swansea University
- John Williams - Swansea University
- Bob Woods - Bangor University
The pilot phase of the scheme, launching soon, will focus on pairing Senior Research Leaders with Health and Care Research Wales funded students and fellows within a developmental mentoring relationship.